The applications for the Hunt Scholarships at Durham University for 2020 have opened. Interested candidates can apply until 28th February 2020. The scholarship is for a bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science.
The Durham Alumnus and former Netflix CPO, Dr. Neil Hunt support the Hunt Scholarship at Durham University 2020.
Durham University (legally the University of Durham) is a collegiate public research university in Durham, North East England, with a second campus in nearby Stockton-on-Tees. It was founded by an Act of Parliament in 1832 and granted a Royal Charter in 1837. It was one of the first universities to commence tuition in England for more than 600 years and claims to be the third oldest university in England.
Value of the scholarship
- The scholarship provides 4,000 pounds per year for the duration of the applicants’ Computer Science Programme.
The candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Hunt scholarships at Durham University
- they must have a household income below 42,875 pounds (as determined by Student Finance England).
- Also, they should be the first generation in your immediate family to attend University.
- Additionally, the applicants should be from a background currently underrepresented in Computer Science.
- Moreover, they must apply for programs commencing in 2020/21.
- furthermore, the applicants should enroll in Computer Science related undergraduate courses.
The candidates will be selected for the scholarship by the following process
- The University will consider all eligible applications for the Hunt Scholarship on the basis of their personal statement, reference, and academic status.
- In addition to that, other scholarship awards may also be taken into account when considering the allocation of the scholarship.
- Moreover, the University may use additional datasets to identify applicants who come from neighborhoods with low overall progression to higher education or high levels of socio-economic deprivation.
- The candidates can receive an education loan to study abroad at Durham University.
- Additionally, education loans are of two types-They are Collateral and Non-collateral.
- Collateral includes either: Immovable property – a house or a flat or land (or) liquid security – an FD, or LIC or shares or bonds.
- The banks do not accept agricultural lands for education loans.
- Furthermore, public banks like SBI, BOB offer these types of education loans.
- Also, there are many NBFCs who offer non-collateral education loans.
- Therefore, applicants can contemplate and apply for the best education loan to study abroad.
For additional details, visit the official website.