Applications are open for MO IBRAHIM Foundation Leadership Fellowship Programme 2021. The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (the “Foundation”), is financing the Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship position in the African Development Bank (the “Bank”). The Fellow will perform the functions and duties of the position at the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or in any other location from which the Bank carries out its operations.
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the next generation of outstanding African leaders by providing them with unique work opportunities at the most senior level of prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to improve the economic and social prospects of Africa.
Benefits of Fellowship
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme allows talented individuals to increase and enhance their professional capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders. The Fellow will work with the Bank for this purpose; for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months, and the Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position
Duties and responsibilities
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellow will take leadership guidance from the President, the Senior Vice President, the Chief of Staff and Director of Cabinet and/or a designated Representative. With this guidance, the Fellow will contribute to the design and implementation of strategic assignments that will increase and enhance their professional and leadership capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries. The Fellow will also have the following responsibilities:
- Design, develop and help implement innovative approaches to various strategic issues of importance to the Bank’s mission and objectives, based on international best practice.
- Undertake research and analysis of existing and emerging strategy, program and policy areas relevant for the Bank, as required.
- Assist with the monitoring and analysis of the implementation of various Bank Group initiatives as well as the regular work program, and prepare briefs, memos and other documentation that convey in non-technical terms the likely impact;
- Participate in high-level discussions and contribute to the preparation of the President’s meetings and missions; and
- Carry out any other assigned duties by relevant senior staff in the President’s office.
Applicants for Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme must
- Be national of an African country, residing anywhere in the world.
- Not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank.
- Not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother.
- Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible.
- Age limit is forty (40) years for men and women and forty-five (45) years for women with children.
- Outstanding academic credentials backed by a minimum of a Master’s Degree from a recognized institution in banking, business, economics or other social sciences, finance, international development, or in any other discipline relevant to the Bank’s business.
- Relevant and demonstrable work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others.
- At least 7 (seven) years’ work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities.
- Proven leadership and consultative skills.
- Experience in strategic planning, project management and execution.
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Demonstrate strong ability to analyze and interpret financial and other data.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government; and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrate ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.