Applications are open for the IBS Young Scientist Fellowships, 2020. interested candidates can apply for the scholarships now. Institute for Basic Science (IBS) is providing scholarships for Research Fellow/ Scientist in the courses available at the Institute.
Eligibility for IBS Young Scientist Fellowships, 2020:
- IBS Young Scientist Fellowships, 2020 is available to citizens of all countries.
- Additionally, the applicant must be 40 years of age.
- He/She must have obtained their Ph.D. 5 years prior to the time of application.
- Also, the selected applicant must relocate to one of the IBS Centers.
- YSF fellows are eligible to apply for the IBS Career Development Award (CDA)
- Additionally, the letter of intent and the research proposal is evaluated during the selection process.
- Furthermore, applicants should submit a letter of intent and a full research proposal.
Value of Scholarship
- The annual budget of KRW 150–300 mil. per year including a salary of KRW 60-70 mil. (up to KRW 150 mil. for theoretical fields and up to KRW 300 mil. for experimental fields)
- Additionally, the duration of the fellowship is up to 3 years with a possible extension of 2 years.
- The deadline for IBS Young Scientist Fellowships, 2020 is:
- Letter of Intent: 31st May 2020.
- The Institute for Basic Science is a Korean government-funded research institute that conducts basic science research and relevant pure basic research.
- Additionally, IBS was established in November 2011 as a research institute within the International Science and Business Belt (ISBB) by the Lee Myung-bak administration.
- Also, it is located in Daejeon, Korea. Comprising 26 Research Centers across the nation and a headquarters in Daejeon, IBS has approximately 551 permanent employees, including 435 scientists and close to 710 graduate or doctoral course students.
- Furthermore, in 2014 the Korean government announced an investment of more than 2 trillion KRW to build a heavy ion accelerator facility in Daejeon by 2021.
Also, visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for scholarship opportunities.