Applications are ow open for the IIE-SRF Fellowship Programme 2019/2020. The IIE-SRF is the only global program that arranges also funds fellowships for threatened. Also, displaced scholars at partnering higher education institutions worldwide.
Moreover, These year-long fellowships support temporary academic positions at institutions of higher learning anywhere in the world where IIE-SRF fellows can continue their work in safety. In most cases, IIE-SRF fellows are eligible to apply for a second also final year of fellowship support.
- The IIE-SRF fellowship award includes a grant of up to US$25,000, along with individual health insurance, to support a visiting academic appointment of up to one year (renewable for a second year). The final fellowship amount is dependent upon several factors, including the location of the host institution, the cost of living, and the value of any additional contributions from the host institution of another source (s).
- Open to professors, researchers, also public intellectuals who face threats and cannot continue their work in their home countries;
- Scholars from any country and in any academic field or discipline may qualify;
- Preference is given to scholars who:
- hold a Ph.D. or highest degree in their field also have significant teaching and/or research experience at a university, college, or other institution of higher learning;
- have an established record of published research;
- demonstrate superior academic accomplishment or promise;
- are facing or have recently fled from immediate, targeted threats to their lives and/or careers in their home countries or countries of residence;
- will benefit their home and/or host academic communities.
Applicants are assessed based on academic qualifications also experience, the quality and/or potential of their work, and the urgency of the threats that they face.
The required application materials include:
- Current CV or resume
- Academic statement
- Personal statement
- Reference letters
- A copy of your Ph.D. or highest degree.
- Samples of your most current research publications.
- If you have already secured a commitment from a university or other institution to host your fellowship, please provide a letter from the host indicating their intent to host, if you are awarded. Also, please note that this is not a requirement.
To begin assessing an application, IIE-SRF must receive the application cover sheet, a current CV, academic statement, also a personal statement. Further, the remaining materials may be at a later time.