International Max Planck Research School Ph.D. Scholarship is currently open.
IMPRS Ph.D. program in Science is open to international students who intend to undertake doctoral studies at Germany’s International Max Planck Research School.
- Computer science
- Applied Mathematics
- Life Sciences
- The IMPRS-CellDevoSys guarantees full financial support for the entire duration of your Ph.D. work, i.e, up to 4 years. However, Ph.D. projects in the IMPRS cannot extend beyond 4 years.
- Also, Financial support via an employment contract according to 65% TvöD E13 (German tariff for employees in civil service).
- Health insurance, pension contribution, and other social benefits are available within the contract.
- Moreover, the net take-home pay for Ph.D. students (after taxes and deductions) is a minimum of 1,700 Euros per month.
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- You must hold a university degree or have a scheduled graduation date before starting your thesis work.
- Distinctive proficiency in textbook scientific knowledge is essential. Enthusiasm and collegiality are also vital.
- Applicants holding an excellent BSc degree are also welcome to apply, given that independent research and a written thesis are part of the curriculum.
- Candidates previously affiliated with an IMPRS group for more than 3 months are considered “internal candidates”. In general, internal candidates are eligible for admission. They may join a research group for Ph.D. thesis work if the previous affiliation with this group did not exceed 12 months.
- Internal candidates must demonstrate outstanding performance and the highest potential in order to be invited for interviews.
- Please acquaint yourself with the research and featured open positions
- Make sure that you qualify and are passionate about doing research
- Ask 2 referees to support your application
- Complete the application form
- Submit once your referees have contributed their recommendation
- Expect the first assessment of your application about 4 weeks after submitting it.
- Then, eligible applications are considered for online Admission Committee interviews.
- Passing the Admission Committee interview entitles admission, pending one-to-one interviews with group leaders and mutual agreement of supervision placement.
- If successful, expect to start your Ph.D. project between 2 to 6 months after the first assessment.