Apply for Internship at Institute for Justice and Reconciliation in South Africa. The deadline for this application is ongoing 2021.
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation invites applications for the IJR Sustained Dialogue Internship Program in South Africa in 2021.
The Sustained Dialogue (SD) works in South Africa with various communities in different provinces. Also, the program works on the following areas:
- G, youth, racism and social cohesion and human dignity.
The Institute seeks to recruit a dynamic individual as an intern, based in Cape Town with possible travelling Covid-19 permitting.
The purpose of this paid internship will be to work across the projects and assist with design and implementation as well as reporting of the projects.
Some of the responsibilities include assisting with,
- Ad hoc tasks like Scanning, filing, printing and archiving
- Also, administrative tasks
- Assisting project leaders and senior project leaders
- Likewise, business development
- Community interviewing/facilitation
- Desktop research
- Likewise, legacy project based on a topic of personal interest based on SD work
- Moreover, M&E
- Writing Op-Ed
Eligible candidates need to have
- Knowledge of how to operate audio-visual gadgets;
- Also, good communication skills;
- Understanding of grassroots communities in South Africa;
- Likewise, good writing skills;
- Furthermore, fluent in a minimum of two of the eleven official languages in South Africa. Fluency in one of the indigenous languages will be an advantage;
- Similarly, confident and time conscious;
- Additionally, aware of socio-political issues in South Africa;
- Pro-active, responsible and accountable.
The IJR Sustained Dialogue Internship Program is a paid internship.
- Submit your cover letter, a CV with two contactable references
- Also, if you have not heard from the institute by the end of May, you can assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Applications are encouraged from historically disadvantaged individuals.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.