Applications are now open for the ISM Fellowship at Yale University in USA 2020. The Yale School of Music, a graduate professional school within Yale University, is a worldwide leader in educating the creative musicians also cultural leaders of tomorrow. It is the only school of music in the Ivy League. Fellows commit themselves to meet weekly in the ISM Colloquium, then with their cohort at weekly Fellows lunches, and they are asked to share their work in at least one public presentation per semester. Further, one presentation during the year will be a public lecture, while the other may be work-in-progress shared in the smaller, less formal gathering of fellows.
Opportunity Focus Areas
- Art exhibition
- Musical composition
- Creative writing
- Art history
- Stipends for fellowships are typically half of the fellow’s regular annual salary up to $52,000 per year.
- The ISM provides housing at a discounted rate.
- Further, Yale does not provide health benefits except in the case of independent or international scholars. In most cases, fellows receive additional compensation for teaching a course.
- Also, Fellows are expected to live within a 10-mile radius of campus. Fellows may apply for research funds, and the Institute will reimburse reasonable moving expenses.
- Candidates are eligible to apply as fellows if they are employ as regular full-time faculty or if they have more than six years of related experience following the doctorate.
- The quality, significance, and focus of the work fellows propose to do during the residency are of paramount importance in the selection process.
- Each fellow will undertake a substantive and original project that relates to the mission of the Institute.
- Further, Each fellow will undertake a substantive and original project that relates to the mission of the Institute.
- This could be the original scholarship, an art exhibition, a musical composition, or work of creative writing, etc.
- An applicant should typically hold the terminal degree in her or his field, although exceptions to this rule may be made in some artistic disciplines.
- The work applicants propose to pursue must support the mission of the Institute, and fellows are expect to work primarily on this project during their year in residence.