Applications are now open for the upcoming Kectil Leadership Program 2020 for Young Leaders in Developing Countries. The goal of the Kectil (Knowles Educational and Charitable Trust for International Leadership) program is to nurture, network, and also, mentor youth in developing countries who have the potential to be leaders and make a positive difference in their communities, countries and maybe even the world.
The Kectil Web-based Program consists of 12 Modules
- Introduction and Mission
- Lessons on Leadership from Martin Luther King and other transformational changemakers
- Further, Enabling Women to Succeed in Society
- Population Growth and its Effect on Youth & Youth Unemployment and Poverty Employment
- Similarly, Colonialism and Occupation
- Innovation to Advance Society
- Likewise, Entrepreneurship and Corporate Product Development
- Environmental Sustainability
- Personal and Group Management
- Also, Good Government
- Local Projects to Improve Communities
- Wrap-up and What’s Next?
The modules consist of thought-provoking assignments, case studies, and web-sessions.
- The Kectil Program was created to identify and nurture highly talented youth in developing countries who have the potential to make a positive difference in their communities and also, countries.
- They accomplish our Mission Statement by (i) facilitating innovative leadership training and (ii) providing a means to allow these highly talented youth become part of a guided network with other similarly talented and passionate youth in developing countries who will support, nurture, teach and learn from each other as they mature.
- The Kectil Framework embodies both of the goals of the famous African proverb:
- If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together.
- Selected participants engage in monthly Kectil Talks with Leaders in Science, Business, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and also, Public Service.
- Open to youth between 17-26 in the least developed and developing countries;
- Applicants should have demonstrated a talent and passion for leadership, scholarship or innovation;
- Also, Are proficient in English and have access to a computer and the internet.
Answer every question on the application form. Answer the short answer questions with 100 words or less per question. Further, think carefully about your answers, avoid one word or one sentence responses. Be thoughtful and creative so that your inner self shines through. Remember to check for spelling, grammar, and also, punctuation. Do NOT plagiarize any of your answers.