Application open for Mary Trevelyan Hardship 2022. This scholarship is offered for Bachelor degree in the field of any. The scholarship is provided by International Students House.
At International Students House they recognize that being a student (especially an international student) can come with a degree of uncertainty and challenges. They aim to support London-based students who have found themselves in unexpected financial difficulties during their studies through The Mary Trevelyan Hardship Fund (MTF).
The Mary Trevelyan Hardship Fund
The fund was set up in 1986 and is named after the founder of International Students House – Mary Trevelyan. MTF is a small fund from which a grant or a loan (up to £1,000) can be made available to either international students studying at a Higher Education Institution in London or any full-time student (including British students) who are a resident at ISH.
Value of Mary Trevelyan Hardship
- an average award can range anywhere between £400-£600.
- The grant cannot normally be used to pay university tuition fees
- Preference will be given to students in their final year of study
- Evidence of applications to/awards from a university’s hardship fund would strengthen an application
Who can apply ?
Students must meet all of the following criteria to apply for the Mary Trevelyan Hardship Fund:
Studying full-time at a recognized Higher Education Institution in London
In financial need due to unexpected circumstances
Either an ISH resident (of any nationality) OR a non-British student at an Institution that holds membership with ISH
- Answer all the questions on the application form fully and clearly, with no omissions.
- Give as much detail as you can of the reasons why you are experiencing financial hardship
- Note: saying that London is more expensive than you expected is not unusual and will not make your application stand out
- Evidence – everything stated in the application should be supported by documentary evidence
- Be realistic about the shortfall in funds
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM FOR MORE OPORTUNITIES.