Applications call for Mozilla Foundation Fellowships Program
The Ford Foundation and Mozilla are partnering to strengthen organizations in the Global South by layering technology strategies into their work. This will help create a ‘third space’ where key civil society organizations and tech-focused individuals address issues at the intersection of technology and society. This will also seek to address the political element of technology — that technology as a neutral tool is affected by its creators and their biases. Benefits, harms, and side effects come from how systems are designed, what data is selected to train them, and what business rules they are given.
- Be an experienced technologist.
- Reside or have work authorization in the host country.
- Have relevant cultural knowledge of the host country.
- Be strategically-minded and consultant-oriented with experience in identifying problems and solutions at the intersection of technology and social justice issues.
- Be able to carry out fellowship work to an extent generally consistent with full-time engagement.
- Engagement length is a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 2 years, with an expectation that most will go for the full two years cycle.
The application for a Mozilla Fellowships is a two part process: 1) registration and 2) full application. The
registration form and full application must be submitted in English using Mozilla’s Fluxx portal.
- Registration: To begin the application process, complete the Mozilla Fellows 2020-2021 Registration Form. Within two business days of submitting your registration form, you will receive an email from @fluxx.io with instructions to set your password on Mozilla’s Fluxx portal
- The answers you provide on your registration form will become a part of your full application and will be assessed by reviewers. Please provide accurate and complete responses to the questions on the registration form.
Full application: To complete the full application, log in to your account on https://mozilla.fluxx.io. A full application form will be available in the “Drafts” section of the portal. Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email within two business days.
- If you have not received a confirmation email within two business days please email [email protected]
- The application must submit your application using the application form on Mozilla’s Fluxx portal
- The application must be submitted in English
- The character counts below include spaces