Applications are now open for the MRS Queer Leadership Scholarship at Monash University. Monash University is an Australian public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1958, it is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. Monash is a member of Australia’s Group of Eight and the ASAIHL, also is the only Australian member of the influential M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies. Monash is one of two Australian universities to be ranked in the École des Mines de Paris (Mines ParisTech) ranking on the basis of the number of alumni listed among CEOs in the 500 largest worldwide companies. Further, This scholarship will serve as a pathway to provide students of diverse genders and sexualities the capability to afford accommodation on campus at MRS, in a community that is accepting and respectful of their diversity.
- Full scholarship: $350 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Half scholarship: $175 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Enrolled or intending to enrol full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Likewise, Be intending to reside at MRS or a current resident with MRS.
- Have applied for MRS accommodation in the previous year by 30 October.
- Further, Identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer (LGBTIQ).
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
- Based on academic achievement also interview performance, demonstrating:
- Further, Commitment to promoting awareness and understanding of issues that may affect people of diverse genders and sexualities.
- Also, Confidence about sharing that knowledge in order to make a difference.
- To retain this scholarship
- Dependent upon your ongoing participation in LGBTIQ inclusion activities at MRS Queer.
- Also, you remain a resident in MRS Queer.
- you must maintain a Weighted Average Mark of 70 (credit average) each semester.
- Commencing also current Monash students apply directly to Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be defer.
- Likewise, Cannot be with any other Monash Accommodation Scholarship.