Nordic Africa Institute calls application for African Scholar Program 2020 for Senior Researchers.
The Nordic Africa Institute’s African Scholar Program is targeted at researchers based in Africa who need time and a conducive environment for finishing and writing up their ongoing research. Moreover, the Nordic Africa Institute is looking for a qualified researcher from African universities and research institutions with demonstrable research interest. Basically, it offers a Senior Researcher position at the Nordic Africa Institute for the duration of 12 months.
The Senior Researcher under the Institute’s African Scholar Program will develop and execute interdisciplinary research projects within at least one of the following thematic areas of the institute, namely:
- Climate change and sustainable development
- Conflict and security
- Mobility and migration
- Gender equality
- A Ph.D. degree in a social science or humanities disciplines. The applicant should have considerable experience of work on Africa-related issues.
- A current research/teaching position in the university or research institution in Africa.
- Strong writing ability and capacity to present complex issues in a readable form for both academic and non-academic audiences.
- Strong analytical skills as well as strong communication skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of Africa’s scientific community, policy environment, and other relevant stakeholders and actors in Africa.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- A complete CV with a list of scientific publications where it is clearly indicated which publications are formally considered as peer-reviewed.
- Indication of internet addresses to the applicant’s own publications relating to his/her research (a maximum of three publications).
- Proof of networking and collaboration.
- Names and contact details of at least two references.
- A proposal not exceeding 5 pages. It should include the applicant’s
- Presentation of the on-going research project(s) – objective, questions, theory, and method.
- Work plan for the length of stay at the institute – detailing proposed intellectual activities, expected outputs (such as publication, dissemination activities, participation at seminar/workshop/conference activities, and policy engagements).
Interested candidates must submit an application by email to [email protected]