Paradigm Initiative (PIN) welcomes applications for its Digital Rights and Inclusion Learning Lab (DRILL). The successful applicants will work full time with Paradigm Initiative team members for 9 months starting from 1 March 2021 to 31 November 2021.
The successful fellows will work full time within any of the PIN offices.
- The successful fellows will propose and work on an innovative project which will be completed during the fellowship ( i.e cutting-edge research/technology-centric project that seeks to address digital rights or digital inclusion issues in Africa).
- The fellows will might have to host monthly ecosystem/sector meetings with the PIN Team to engage the ecosystem on critical issues arising or existing.
- Also, the fellows will conduct biweekly presentations and prepare content to share with the PIN team on their project and to feature a monthly DRILL podcast with recording with the PIN Executive Director.
- Each Fellow will have the opportunity to host a Digital Rights and Inclusion Forum (DRIF); Digital Rights and Inclusion Learning Lab in April 2021.
- The last month of the fellowship will feature a final meeting, final presentation, and final podcasts from the selected fellows.
Paradigm Initiative’s Digital Rights and Inclusion Learning Lab (DRILL) Fellowship will provide
- A monthly stipend to the selected fellows which will cover participation in the Fellowship.
- A research project grant to support an approved project and budget.
- A costs associated with activities at the Digital Rights and Inclusion Lab and also provide an opportunity to be embedded within the team; access to the ecosystem and feedback on projects throughout the duration of the fellowship.
- Furthermore, a possible opportunity to travel to an international platform to showcase the finished project.
- Basically, as a mid-career fellowship, potential candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience as technology; or social innovators, researchers, policy experts, and/or entrepreneurs.
- Fellows must have a relevant postgraduate qualification, be exceptional individuals; who will bring new learnings and innovations as well as gain exposure to the digital ecosystem.