Applications are open for the Visiting Fellowships For Developing Countries, 2020. Interested candidates can apply for the scholarships now. Additionally, the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research is providing the scholarships for Conferences & Travel Grants in the field of Ocean Observation.
Universities and research institutes in Developing Countries
Eligibility for Visiting Fellowships For Developing Countries, 2020
- The fellowship program is open to scientists, technicians, postgraduate students (preferably of Ph.D. level) and post-doctoral fellows of developing countries and countries with economies in transition and involved in oceanographic work.
- Additionally, applicants must be citizens of developing countries or economies in transition, as defined by the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the OECD
Value of Scholarship
The successful applicants of POGO-SCOR Visiting Fellowships For Developing Countries, 2020 will receive:
- International airfare.
- Also, transport from the airport to the host institution.
- Furthermore, contribution to living expenses.
- The last date to apply for POGO-SCOR Visiting Fellowships For Developing Countries, 2020 is 30th April 2020.
- The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) is an interdisciplinary body of the International Council for Science (ICSU).
- Additionally it was established in February 1958 to continue the international coordination of Antarctic scientific activities that had begun during the International Geophysical Year of 1957-58. SCAR is charged with the initiating, developing and coordinating scientific research in the Antarctic region. The scientific business of SCAR is conducted by its Standing Scientific Groups.
- Similarly, SCAR also provides scientific advice to the Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meetings and other organizations on issues of science and conservation affecting the management of Antarctica and the Southern Ocean.
- Furthermore, in that role, SCAR has made numerous recommendations on a variety of matters, very few of which have been incorporated into Antarctic Treaty instruments.
Go to the official website for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for scholarship opportunities.