Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Dixie State University. The Department of History, Humanities, and Modern Languages at Dixie State University in St. George, UT invites applications for a full-time, two-year position as Visiting Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow of Philosophy for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 academic years. This position is well-suited for a professional who wishes to prepare for a career of teaching at a primarily undergraduate institution that emphasizes excellence in teaching and research.
Candidates on this Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Dixie State University will
- Teach 30 credits of lower-division lecture courses each academic year, primarily general education classes that introduce philosophy, ethics, and logic. Opportunities for curriculum development are also available.
- Attend department, division, and college faculty meetings.
- Work with other faculty in program management. Adhere to university policies.
- Assist in developing courses that expand the department goals of the interdisciplinary study of ethics, great texts, and global studies.
- Ph.D. in Philosophy or closely related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants who were recently awarded (within the last two years), or are about to earn, a Ph.D. in Philosophy preferred. ABD may be considered if a degree is awarded prior to August 2021.
- Background in ethics, the history of philosophy, or related field preferred.
- Evidence of potential for successful teaching at the college level.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- An eagerness to engage with colleagues, staff and administrators to develop ways to improve the educational experience for our students.
Benefits package for this Post-Doctoral Fellowship from Dixie State University include:
- 14.2% retirement contribution, paid 100% by the employer (no match required), vested on day 1 of full-time employment.
- Regular undergraduate tuition waiver (paid at 100%) for employee, spouse, and unmarried dependent children to take courses at Dixie State.
- Full medical, dental, and vision plans, with low employee-paid premiums, that begins on day 1 of full-time employment.
- Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Accounts available.
- Employer-paid basic life insurance & disability insurance coverage from day 1 of full-time employment.
- Generous staff leave accruals, plus 12 paid holidays per calendar year.
Click here to learn more about the University.