Post-Doctoral Fellowship position available at South Dakota State University in Brookings, United States of America. South Dakota State University’s Department of Allied and Population Health is offering an exciting career opportunity for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Population Health within the Community Practice Innovation Center (CPIC).
The department is looking for an up-and-coming leader with a passion for data analytics and practice-based research, interest in pursuing a career in academia, and a desire to work on multiple funded projects within the field of population health. The candidate can come from any of the following sectors: academia, government, non-profit or private, with a strong data analytical background, demonstrated early experience in practice-based research, excellent communication skills, and some teaching/presentation experience.
This Post-doc Fellow will bring to our team a deep understanding of the statistical application, project management and coordination experience, and grantsmanship training and experience. The successful candidate will join a rapidly growing, innovative and inter-disciplinary department consisting of practitioners and researchers working to improve the human condition. This is a 12 month, full-time, benefit-eligible position which is supervised by the Department Head of the Allied and Population Health Department.
- This Post-Doctoral Fellowship at South Dakota State University will dedicate overall 70% of their time to research and will serve as one of the core team members within the newly established Community Practice Innovations Center (CPIC). CPIC faculty currently have diverse research portfolios and grants totaling over three (3) million dollars.
- The CPIC Fellow will be responsible for and/or assist with the following items: project planning, managing project milestones, holding team members accountable to milestones, writing status reports, escalating unmet milestones that are threatening the project, helping set meeting agenda.
- The candidate will work with the CPIC administrative support staff on event planning and scheduling, organizing and maintaining project files, ensuring smooth running of day-to-day activities, etc.
- Additionally, they will dedicate 30% of their time teaching students in both our accredited Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) and Master of Public Health (MPH) degree programs. Topics covered either independently or in conjunction with a team include, but are not limited to, cultural competence, leadership and project management, public and population health, applied research in practice, and the integrated/applied practice experience.
- Furthermore, this Post-Doctoral Fellowship position at South Dakota State University will also has the opportunity to work with graduate/undergraduate students on CPIC projects.
- Earned doctorate in one of the following disciplines by the start date: Biostatistics, Health related Outcomes Research, Epidemiology, Data Science, Health Services Research, Social and Administrative sciences or a related field.
- Relevant research experience of 3 years or more working on research projects or grants in the capacity of graduate researcher, research coordinator, project manager, or other. Doctoral training will count towards this experience.
- Strong statistical skills, particularly in SAS, Stata, SPSS, R or other statistical analysis software.
- Experience with survey development or large database analysis (such as electronic health record, registry etc.)
- Experience teaching either at the undergraduate or graduate level as well as experience with scientific writing on grants, project status reports, or manuscripts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a contributing team member.
- Valid driver’s license, or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire, and willingness to travel.
- May consider H-1B Sponsorship.
South Dakota State University offers a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, and flexible benefits, retirement plans, compensation packages, paid holidays, and vacation leave. Employees also have access to internal and state-sponsored training as well as reduced tuition for state-supported courses at all State of South Dakota academic institutions.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here