The Department of Forest & Rangeland Stewardship at Colorado State University calls application for Postdoctoral Fellowship in Forest Ecology in the United States of America. The department is seeking a 2-year postdoctoral researcher to lead project data collection and analysis efforts.
The researcher will
- Work with USDA Forest Service land managers to acquire existing planted seedling survival data for southwestern (CO, NM, AZ) National Forests.
- Utilize these data along with climatic and topographic data to statistically examine how survival at the level of the planting unit is influenced by these factors.
- Collect additional field data in a subset of planting units to statistically examine how seedling-level survival, as well as growth, is modified by living and non-living objects and microtopographic features.
- Lead written and oral technology transfer efforts for the project.
- Target southwestern land managers and researchers working in the field of post-fire reforestation, and will include the preparation of two or more peer-reviewed publications and the delivery of multiple in-person and online presentations.
- Report to the project co-PI at Colorado State University and the project PI at the Rocky Mountain Research Station.
- Acquire existing planted seedling survival data for southwestern (CO, NM, AZ) National Forests.
- Collect additional field data in a subset of planting units.
- Analyze data to quantify how climatic, topographic, and other factors affect the survival and growth of planted seedlings.
- Prepare findings for publication as peer-reviewed publications.
- Deliver in-person and online presentations featuring findings.
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to be eligible for Postdoctoral Fellowship in Forest Ecology at Colorado State University
- Ph.D. in forestry, ecology, natural resources, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience publishing peer-reviewed publications in forestry, ecology, natural resources, or related field.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States by the proposed start date.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
Colorado State University-Pueblo is a public university in Pueblo, Colorado. It is a member of the Colorado State University System.