A full-time Research Fellow position Postdoctoral Fellowship is immediately available in the laboratory of Assistant Professor HE Qian at Materials Science and Engineering, National University of Singapore. The project will be focusing on developing electron-dose efficient imaging and spectroscopy methods to understand catalytic nanomaterials, especially under realistic reaction conditions.
Candidates on this Postdoctoral Fellowship at the National University of Singapore will do the following duties
- Develop and apply dose-efficient electron microscopy imaging and spectroscopy for catalytic nanomaterials, specially alloyed nanoparticles.
- Develop and apply in situ electron microscopy methods for studying catalytic nanomaterials under realistic reaction conditions.
- Collaborate with colleagues both inside/outside the group.
- Assist in daily lab management duties.
- Present and report research results and publish scientific results in peer-reviewed journals in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with environment, safety, health, and quality program requirements from all levels (e.g. university, faculty of engineering, and the Department of MSE).
- Maintain a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
- Possess a Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field defended within the last 3 years.
- Extensive experience in imaging and spectroscopy (e.g. EELS and X-EDS) using aberration-corrected scanning transmission electron microscopy.
- Extensive experience in Electron Microscopy characterization of nanomaterials.
- Experience in quantitative STEM imaging and spectroscopy.
- Experience in situ electron microscopy, especially using gas cell holders.
- Good knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- An excellent record of productive and creative research demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experiences in lab management and supervising junior group members.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, and adapt to changing needs.
- Ability to work with a measure of autonomy and a willingness to participate creatively in a collaborative team environment.
- Open to a fixed-term contract.
Interested applicants can contact Dr HE Qian at [email protected] to discuss research experience and interests.
The National University of Singapore is the first autonomous research university in Singapore. It is also the oldest higher education institution in Singapore. It offers a wide range of disciplines, including the sciences, medicine and dentistry, design and environment, law, arts, and social sciences, engineering, business, computing, and music in both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. NUS ranks 1st in Singapore & the Asia Pacific, and 22nd in the world according to the 2018 Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Similarly, 11th in the world according to the 2019 QS World University Rankings.