Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure-track 12-month position at the Teaching Postdoctoral Fellowship level in the discipline of Anatomy as a member of the Clinical Anatomy/OPP Department, Colorado campus. The successful applicant will be experienced at delivering lectures in Human Clinical Gross Anatomy and conducting Gross Anatomy cadaveric dissection laboratories and will apply these skills in our Master’s of Biomedical Sciences, Physician’s Assistant, and Osteopathic Medicine Programs.
- Prepare and deliver clinically-oriented lectures to Physician Assistant and Masters of Biomedical Science students.
- Assess student performance by preparing and administering quizzes, written exams, and laboratory practicals.
- Work closely with Physician Assistant and Master’s in Biomedical Sciences Program faculty to engage in curricular development and implementation.
- May participate in the education and instruction of medical students and other health care professional students as determined by the department chair, while providing mentorship and motivation for learning, research and scholarly activity in classroom environments, and hands-on lab sessions.
- Participate in inter-professional educational activities with RVU students and students from other programs or other universities.
- Participate in service to the university community and students through serving on committees and task forces as appointed.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students when appropriate and provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the students of RVU’s three-degree programs meet the standards established by the faculty and college and obtain the knowledge, skills, and competency established.
- Participate in the assessment or evaluation of and provide feedback to other members of the faculty as a portion of the college’s ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and communities, scholarly activity and research to assure personal growth and continued competency in the specialty field.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate and act as a role model in ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, and support staff.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the university in fulfilling its mission and vision though teaching, academic administrative duties (course/system coordinator), providing patient care, community service, and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of the University and College through the advancement of its mission and vision and advancement of your personal career.
- Other duties as assigned by the CO Campus Dean or his/her designee.
In order to be eligible for this Postdoctoral Fellowship at Rocky Vista University, candidates must have
- Ph.D. in anatomy or related field from an accredited program.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisors.
- Exceptional professionalism and communication skills.
- Experience preparing and delivering clinically oriented anatomy lectures to health professional students and/or medical students.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence with gross anatomy cadaveric dissection and instruction in a laboratory setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor and motivate students and peers
More information here