Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellowship position for the Department of Medicine – Endocrinology at the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), the Postdoc Fellow will conduct specialized research techniques and procedures related to islet-cell biology, with a focus on pancreatic insulin-producing beta cells.
They will use their judgment to apply methods and techniques and to analyze and present data. The Postdoc Fellow will also assist with budgetary, training, and admin responsibilities; and will perform general laboratory support tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the lab.
Candidates on this Postdoctoral Fellowship at Rutgers University will do the following duties
- Performs specialized research techniques and procedures related to the cellular and molecular biology of diseases; particularly in the areas of diabetes and obesity.
- Compiles and analyzes data with appropriate conclusions and recommendations in support of further research, as well as research publications, grant applications, and will present data to PI and other lab members.
- Assist in the establishment of performance standards, as well as in the selection of research methodologies and instrumentation, and coordination of instrumentation and experimental approaches in support of research.
- Assists with the instruction and training of students, fellows, residents, and research assistants in laboratory techniques/procedures in the area of cellular and molecular biology to carry out research assignments.
- Submits purchase recommendations to PI for analytic and preparative equipment, cellular and molecular biological reagents, and laboratory operating supplies.
- Assists in maintaining laboratory records and files.
- Also, assists the Principal Investigator with the preparation of grant applications.
- A Ph.D. Degree.
- Relevant background in Biomedical Sciences, specifically biology, cell biology, genetics, and biochemistry/molecular biology.
- A minimum of two (2) years of laboratory experience in cell culture and recombinant DNA.
- Candidates in all-but-degree (ABD) status will also be considered.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; and ability to understand and communicate in English to sufficiently perform the job duties.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, commonly referred to as Rutgers University, or RU, is an American public research university in New Jersey. Overall, it is the largest institution of higher education in New Jersey.