Applications are open for Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship at Stevens Institute of Technology in the United States of America. This is a full-time, twelve-month position commencing on a date between Aug 1 – Aug 15, 2021.
Under the supervision by qualified New Jersey licensed psychologists, the post-doctoral fellow provides direct clinical services, plans and delivers outreach, and consults with staff and faculty. The post-doctoral fellow will participate in our overall mission of promoting healthy psychological development for SIT students and will see a broad range of clientele from our student body. Training opportunities include supervision of externs, didactics, opportunities to develop unique liaison relationships with other university departments.
The primary focus of this Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship position at Stevens Institute of Technology is the provision of direct clinical services. Moreover, this includes initial assessments, crisis/triage assessments, referrals, case management, individual brief counseling, and group psychotherapy.
- Planning and development of campus outreach programs to undergraduate and graduate students. The position offers a unique opportunity to develop liaison relationships with other offices within the university.
- Additional administrative roles and special projects may also be required depending on the needs of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
- One evening per week is required during the Fall and Spring semester.
- Report and note writing, case consultation, case management, professional development, consultation and collaboration with faculty, and staff.
- Participate in weekly individual supervision, group supervision and weekly staff meetings.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed as well as provide consultation to faculty, staff, and administration.
- Provide educational outreach services to campus groups as requested.
- Maintain up-to-date case files as dictated by current professional standards.
- Create and present in-service training as requested.
- Represent Counseling Center at campus events.
- Adhere to ethical principles of the profession as articulated by the American Psychological Association.
- Furthermore, continued professional development.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be eligible for this Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship position at Stevens Institute of Technology
- A graduate of an APA-accredited Clinical or Counseling Psychology doctoral program (Ph.D. or Psy.D.).
- However, applicants must have successfully completed an APA-accredited internship program.
- A doctoral dissertation must be successfully defended prior to the start of the fellowship.
- Must be a NJ Temporary Permit holder (or in the process of applying for one).
- Experience with multicultural populations is necessary.
- Furthermore, this individual must be flexible in their approach (educational, preventive and therapeutic).