Nanyang Technological University, Singapore calls application for Wallenberg – NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021. The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides the opportunity for early-career scientists, engineers, and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU, often regarded as the most research-intensive university in Asia. The postdoc appointment intends to provide a pathway to an academic appointment as an assistant professor or another international postdoctoral assignment.
Wallenberg – NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021
With the support of the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, the Wallenberg – NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides the opportunity for early-career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations at NTU and a Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) research partner institution in Sweden.
The Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship will be awarded to a diverse and select group of five individuals who demonstrate the intellectual capacity and rigor to drive their own research in the broad and multi-disciplinary areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy.
The Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
For first-year at NTU Singapore:
- A one-year research grant of up to SGD$100,000
- An annual salary of up to SGD$80,000
- Relocation allowance and generous housing grant for entire duration of Fellowship
- Opportunity to work with alongside leaders in science and engineering in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy at Nanyang Technological University and leading WASP research partner institutions in Sweden
- Generous personal development opportunities and mentorship in an established research group
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
For the second year in Sweden with a WASP research group:
- An annual support package including salary, senior supervision, travel; and other occurring costs, according to the WASP standard support for postdocs in Sweden.
- Opportunity to work alongside academic leaders in science and engineering at WASP research partner institutions in Sweden.
- Access to the infrastructure in the WASP funded research arenas.
- Opportunity to interact with the WASP graduate students and the WASP graduate school.
- Commitment to a one-year research stint respectively at Nanyang Technological University followed by a further year at a WASP partner institution in Sweden
- Graduated with a PhD degree and no more than 5 years of full-time postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- An applicant submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy.
- Be available to take up the position no later than 31 Aug 2021.
- Cover Letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages, download template)
- Contact information of two referees* (one must be your PhD Supervisor)
- Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)