Login to your account
Don't have an account yet?
Create your own account and receive notifications of opportunities of your interest, save the opportunity you like and discuss.
Research Fellowship at Indiana University

Research Fellowship at Indiana University of Bloomington

Looks like you haven't logged in.
Login to save opportunities.


Indiana University Bloomington calls application for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Dental Informatics. The Department of Cariology, Operative Dentistry, and Dental Public Health at the Indiana University School of Dentistry (IUSD) has available a post-doctoral research fellowship focused on Dental Informatics.

Position Summary

The successful candidate is anticipated to collaborate in various related projects and in Dental Informatics and to participate in writing grants. He/she will have the unique advantage of working in an environment with renowned leaders in the Division of Informatics; IUSD; and Regenstrief Institute in a state-recognized as having one of the largest health information exchange organizations (IHIE) in the nation. Using those resources and as a member of our team, the successful candidate will help impact the relationship between patient care, digital health, and payment reform using tools such as the Indiana Network for Patient Care, electronic dental record data from IUSD and US dental practices, and other health data warehouses.

The Research Fellowship Position at Indian University will entail 90% research, with the remaining 10% dedicated to education and to training students. Opportunities for professional development will be provided. The position will be for a period of two years, contingent upon a satisfactory performance review. Extension to a third-year may be possible based on funding and continued demonstration of satisfactory performance.


  • Applicants should have a recent Ph.D. degree in health/biomedical informatics, or a closely related field with a track record of informatics or public health research, as well as a good track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals. A dental degree would be a plus.
  • The ideal candidate will have a strong background in health/biomedical informatics as well as expertise in data analytics, public health, plus a solid knowledge in dentistry and oral health. Additionally, the ideal candidate is expected to have excellent communication/writing skills in English, and to be a team player who appreciates working closely and collaboratively with others in the group.

Required Documents

For consideration for this Research Fellowship at Indian University, the following supporting documents are necessary

  • A signed letter of intent
  • Statement of research interests and career goals (Other)
  • Complete curriculum vitae
  • Names of three professional references with contact information. (When requested, submitted reference letters must be provided on letterhead stationary with referee’s signature.)
  • Copies of up to three relevant research papers

Apply Now

Indiana University Bloomington (IU Bloomington, IU, or simply Indiana) is a public research university in Bloomington, Indiana. It is the flagship institution of the Indiana University system and, with over 40,000 students, its largest university.


Type of Opportunity Scholarships and Fellowships
Deadline01 August,2020
Open toAll
OrganizerIndiana University



Your email address will not be published. Fields marked with * are required.