Apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at Tuskegee University in Alabama, United States of America. In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Postdoctoral Research Fellow will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
The overall aim of this research group is to better understand prostate cancer development, the emergence of subtypes, and their therapeutic response/resistance. At Tuskegee University, this research fellowship position will
- Design and carry out high level, complex research experiments while functioning independently under the general direction of the principal investigators.
- Perform molecular and cellular experiments.
- Maintain cell cultures and in vivo experiments.
- Execute and perform research and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Supervise and manage a team of research scientists in alignment with project prioritie.
- Lead small teams in support of logistics and research operations.
- Must have a PhD in a biological science such as molecular cell biology, cancer biology, or genomic analysis.
- Experience with cell imaging, bio-informatics analysis or onco-pathological research is desirable
- Must have gained significant experience and expertise in statistical analysis, bioinformatics, large-scale analyses of next-generation sequencing data, and cancer genomics; in vivo cellular and molecular pathology, FISH, multi-color flow cytometry, IHC, RNA-seq, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in detecting proteins with western blot, ELISA, IHC, IF, and in detecting gene expression using varies methods; in-depth knowledge and experience in histology, pathology, and in vivo imaging using confocal microscope, IVIS, and other tools.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience in handling of human tissue/FFPE samples and Aperio scanner is a plus.
- Must communicate effectively interpersonally and in writing.
Tuskegee University is a private, historically black land-grant university in Tuskegee, Alabama. Tuskegee University offers 43 bachelor’s degree programs, including a five-year accredited professional degree program in architecture, 17 master’s degree programs, and 5 doctoral degree programs, including the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. The university is home to nearly 3,000 students from around the U.S. and over 30 countries.