Applications have opened for the Social Entrepreneurship Fellowships 2020. The interested candidates can apply for the fellowship until 28th February 2020.
- The Ron Moelis Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship at John Jay College connects the best students of social justice with the most socially-responsible and innovative companies in New York City, like Etsy, Echoing Green, and the Center for Social Innovation.
- Furthermore, together, fellows and partners learn from each other how to make the city thrive with a purpose.
The candidates should meet the following requirements for the Social Entrepreneurship Fellowships 2020
- The candidates must be enrolled as undergraduate students at John Jay College
- Additionally, at the time of applying, they must have a 3.25 overall GPA or greater.
- The candidates should upload a copy of their resume
- Additionally, they should upload a copy of their unofficial transcript
- Also, they should complete the application by preparing a 750-word essay describing their interest in social innovation and providing an example of a critical social problem they’ve encountered either professionally or in their community in which they used creative thinking and problem solving to resolve.
Stipend: The students who complete the fellowship program are provided with a generous stipend of $3000. Also, the University provides textbooks free of charge.
About the Program
- The program supports the cohorts of fellows as they move through an interdisciplinary learning experience focused on social innovation.
- Additionally, rather than a conventional internship, the program combines an intense classroom-based experience, an experiential component based at partner organizations and companies, and a series of reflective workshops with social innovation experts, industry leaders, and scholars.
- Furthermore, in the past, students have come from a variety of majors, including Public Administration, Economics, Criminal Justice Management, Computer Science, Political Science, and English.
About the College
- The John Jay College of Criminal Justice is a public college focused on criminal justice and located in New York City.
- It is a senior college of the City University of New York.
- Furthermore, it is the only liberal arts college with criminal justice and forensic focus in the United States.
Visit the official website for further details.
Also, visit oyaop.com or oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.