Apply for Scholar Program at Columbia University in the USA. The deadline for this application is 5th February 2021.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University is a full-time, fully-funded leadership development program. Around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions. Over the course of an academic year at Columbia University, Obama Foundation Scholars deepen their knowledge and skills and build new capacities and networks to accelerate their impact in their home countries. Upon completion of the program, Obama Foundation Scholars, empowered by their experience, return to the regions where they have been working and continue along a path of service.
Founded in 1754, Columbia University in the City of New York is a non-profit private higher education institution located in the urban setting of the metropolis of New York City New York. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Columbia University in the City of New York is a large coeducational higher education institution. Columbia University in the City of New York offers courses. Likewise, programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 265 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students’ past academic record and grades.
The incumbent must meet the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers
- Also, have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country.
- Additionally, are fluent in English.
- However, have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Likewise, have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination, and teamwork.
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City.
- Also, a furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, if the program is able to convene in person.
- Additionally, all tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Likewise, basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City.
- Similarly, air travel to and from home country. Also, any program-related activities, if the program is able to convene in person.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.