Apply for Scholarship at European Union in Kenya. The deadline for this application is 9th April 2021.
The European Union (EU) has funded the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) towards strengthening resilience to climate change impacts at regional and national levels through its member states. Also, the project is entitled “Strengthening the Resilience of the IGAD region to the Adverse Impacts of Climate Change through effective Adaptation and Mitigation Actions (RICCAMA)” and it is being implemented within eight IGAD member states.
- Background of climate change and related fields including assessments, reporting, and negotiations
- Also, tools and techniques for climate data analysis including developing climate change and extreme indices
- Climate change vulnerability and impacts assessment
- Likewise, climate change adaptation and mitigation assessment and reporting at various scales.
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) baseline determination, measurement, monitoring, and inventory.
- Moreover, nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) monitoring, Reporting, and Verification (MRV) systems and tools.
- Additionally, development of policy interventions to respond to climate change challenges at various levels.
- Hold Bachelors of Science degree in climate change-related field, earth science, and engineering from a recognized University
- Also, have good computing skills
- Be working in any institution of the IGAD Member States preferably in ministries responsible for climate change and provide evidence that he will work in his/her own country for at least two (2) years upon completion of the study
- Likewise, be willing to study in a University outside their home country with a modest stipend
- undertake a research project in the area of climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Moreover, be below 40 years of age at the time of application and must be a citizen of one of the IGAD member states
- Additionally, submit a motivation letter expressing their interest in the scholarship
- Submit two recommendation letters, one from the employer and the other from an academic mentor in support of the application.
The scholarship will be for a duration of 18 – 24 months from September 2021
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities