Suomen Solubiologit and the University of Turku have come together to welcome experts in Data Analytics and Bioinformatics to be a part of the Research Fellowships program at the Turku Medical Bioinformatics Centre. Also, the program is open for the academic year 2021-2022.
The opportunity will be given to MSc degree holders or PhD degree holders in the field of data analytics and bioinformatics or any other relevant area of study who wish to secure a full time position at the Turku Medical Bioinformatics Centre as a research team member and work on developing tools for interpreting extensive molecular and clinical data in medical research in close collaboration with medical research groups and biobanks.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Also, applicants are eligible to apply for a Postdoctoral research program in the field of medical bioinformatics.
- Likewise, to be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have experience with various bioinformatics data analysis tools
- Furthermore, the incumbent must have experience in analyzing the property skills
- he applicants must be good at programming skills (e.g. Python, R) and must have the ability to work with version control tools (e.g. Git)
- Similarly, the applicants must possess good communication skills in English and excellent collaboration skills.
The university will give the selected candidates a position among the research team at the Turku Medical Bioinformatics Centre with a monthly stipend of 2300-3000 EUR per month if they hold a MSc degree and 3100 – 3600 EUR per month if they hold a PhD degree.
- How to Apply: The applicants can apply through the electronic application process of University of Turku. Accepted applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Additionally, a motivation letter
- Also, PhD degree certification
- Master’s degree certification
- Likewise, the applicant is required to have an academic degree certification in a suitable and relevant field to be accepted for this role.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain minimum required scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- IELTS – 6.5
- CAE – C or higher
- CPE – C or higher
- PTE Academic – 62
- YKI – min. 4 in intermediate test