Shamiri Institute calls applications for 2021 Thrive! Fellowship. Shamiri Institute is seeking energetic, diligent, self-motivated, and articulate team players to join the next class of Thrive! Fellows. Thrive! The first step is research and development. They are committed to developing evidence-based interventions that provide youths with a path to securing important life outcomes. To do this, they conduct multi-year rigorous research to ensure that our interventions meet gold-standard field evaluations
Roles and Responsibilities
Candidates will do the following duties
- Complete the Thrive! Fellow training.
- Attending all program sessions to which you are assigned; always arriving on time.
- Acting, with supervision, to help ensure participant confidentiality, health, and safety.
- Attending meetings with Shamiri supervisors and relaying information promptly outside of meetings when necessary.
- Leading Project Thrive! sessions.
- Must be a high school graduate (minimum KCSE grade: C+ ).
- No past work experience (or experience in psychology or counseling is necessary).
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and reflect on one’s own values, attitudes, beliefs, biases, emotions, and past experiences. Use mistakes as opportunities for growth.
- Demonstrate interest in helping others and ensuring their confidentiality, fair treatment, safety, and wellbeing.
- The ability to recognize and reflect on one’s own values, attitudes, beliefs, biases, emotions, and past experiences. Use mistakes as opportunities for growth.
- Possess organizational and problem-solving skills; show that you are responsible.
- Possess strong communication skills with supervisors.
Submit your application