The SOAS University has declared the VP Kanitkar Memorial Scholarships open. The Scholarships are available for postgraduates to support a taught masters in Religious Studies with reference to Hinduism and a taught masters in Anthropology with reference to Hindu culture in South Asia. Each scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees and provides maintenance.
The candidates must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for the VP Kanitkar Memorial Scholarships
- UK/EU and overseas applicants can apply for the scholarships.
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. However, students with a non-UK degree can be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
- In addition to that, applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the full-time eligible taught masters programs.
- Similarly, applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2020.
- Furthermore, the candidates must also note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. They must check the wording of the scholarship offer carefully to see if they are eligible for a Pre-sessional course.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The details for the VP Kanitkar Memorial Scholarship deadline are
- Applicants must send the applications by 15:00 (UK local time ) on 2 April 2020.
- Also, they must submit a completed online application to their program in order to receive the VP Kanitkar Memorial Scholarships. The University recommends applying for the program by 20 February 2020 to ensure they have an offer by the scholarship deadline.
- Additionally, the University doesn’t accept late or incomplete applications.
Process of Candidate Assessment
- The Advisory Panel will evaluate the candidates on the basis of their academic merit.
- The assessment of their application will be based on the information provided in their scholarship application as well as in their on-line application for admission. Selectors will look at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Click here for additional details about the scholarship program.