SOM Foundation calls application for China Fellowship Program 2021. The China Fellowship is awarded annually to three students in the last two years of either an undergraduate or graduate program in architecture, landscape architecture, and urban design at a university in the People’s Republic of China. The SOM Foundation China Fellowship Program provides financial support to conduct independent travel and research that contributes to the SOM Foundation’s current topic.
- Moreover, the SOM Foundation China Fellowship Program provides financial support up to $5,000 to conduct independent travel and research that contributes to the SOM Foundation’s current topic.
By accepting the award, the recipient agrees to the following:
- The recipient is required to submit updated information detailing their research plans and travel itinerary for approval prior to undertaking the Fellowship. The Foundation expects the final research and study travel to be at least as extensive as the student’s original proposal.
- Upon approval of the final itinerary by the SOM Foundation, the winner will receive 90% of the Fellowship monetary award.
- The recipient will provide bi-monthly progress reports via email to the Foundation at [email protected]
- The recipient must complete their research and travel within eighteen months of receiving the award, or within an agreed-upon time, depending on circumstances.
- All Fellowship monies will be forfeited to the Foundation in the event that travels are not completed within eighteen months unless prior written approval is received from the SOM Foundation Executive Director.
- The fellowship award sum will be forfeited by the student to the Foundation if the candidate does not graduate with a degree in architecture or urban design.
- The recipient will submit a final report within four months after completing travel and research.
- The final 10% of the Fellowship monetary award will be payable to the recipient upon receipt and approval of the Final Report.
- The applicant must be enrolled at a university in the People’s Republic of China.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student in the last two years of an accredited degree program in architecture, landscape architecture, or urban design.
- The applicant must intend to obtain an accredited degree and to enter the professional practice of architecture, landscape architecture, or urban design.
- Chinese citizenship is not necessary.
- Students from China who are enrolled at universities outside the People’s Republic of China are not eligible for the award.
- Similarly, students enrolled at universities in the People’s Republic of China who are attending universities outside the country as a part of a “study abroad” program are eligible for the award.
Download brief as a PDF