Apply for the fully funded scholarships at Curtin University in Australia. The deadline for the application is 1st September 2020. The name of the scholarship is PhD in Acoustic Ecology of Minke Whales Around Australia 2020.
Eligibility for fully-funded scholarships at Curtin
- English language IELTS level of minimum 6.5 overall, and 6 for any of its components (i.e., speaking, writing, reading, and listening).
- Additionally, must have good mathematics, statistics, physics, acoustics, computing, and/or engineering skills.
- Also, affinity with, as opposed to a phobia about, computing work. This project requires the handling of big data sets and so the development of custom software will become immensely helpful.
- Furthermore, comfort with MATLAB and/or R will be advantageous.
- Also, prior experience in underwater acoustics or bioacoustics would be an advantage.
Value of Scholarship
- The total value of the annual scholarships (stipend and fees) is approximately AUD 60,000 – AUD 70,000 p.a.
- Additionally, Curtin PhD stipends are valued at AUD 28,092 p.a. for up to a maximum of 3.5 years.
- Furthermore, the successful applicants of the scholarship will receive a 100% fee offset.
About the University
Curtin University is an Australian public research university based in Bentley, Perth, Western Australia. Furthermore, the university is named after the 14th Prime Minister of Australia, John Curtin. Additionally, it is the largest university in Western Australia. It has over 50,000 students (as of 2014) at locations including Perth, Margaret River, Kalgoorlie, Malaysia, and Singapore.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more opportunities.