Middlebury College calls application for Technology Fellowship in Vermont, United States. The Technology Fellow provides technology support to the faculty, staff and students of Middlebury College. The position holder is accountable for timely, accurate and customer-centered support that meets the needs of Middlebury faculty, staff and students. This position receives, diagnoses and either resolves or escalates customer requests regarding devices, operating systems, and applications, including enterprise applications such the ERP system.
The Technology Fellow position works in a wide range of settings including answering requests on the Service Desk, assisting with training and supporting the college managed devices and software. This position will serve as part of a collaborative work team that will provide a welcoming, courteous, and easy to navigate suite of technology services and resources. As part of that team, she/he will contribute her/his individual skills and expertise as needed in order to help the team achieve its objectives. Every member of User Services will communicate professionally, clearly, and in a manner appropriate to their internal and external customers.
Candidates on this Technology Fellowship at Middlebury College will have the duties
- Promptly and reliably receives and acknowledges requests for technical support from faculty, staff, and students, ensuring compliance with SLAs. It is expected that a majority of issues will be resolved on first contact.
- Researches issues that are not resolved on first contact using the knowledgebase and web resources. Fully documents unresolved issues and escalates them properly.
- Maintains effective communication with other work areas, ensuring optimal productivity and service to partners, customers and the institution.
- Maintains fluency with standard hardware, software and network configurations in use at the College.
- Completes replacements of college-owned equipment and software on schedule.
- Supports the team in actively analyzing systems and services, identifying areas of improvement and evaluating new technology solutions.
- Ensures the hardware and software inventory is accurate.
- Contributes to the creation and upkeep of external and internal documentation, ensuring it is accurate and comprehensive.
- Orients faculty and staff in the use of new and/or replaced devices, operating systems and applications.
- During their term Technology Fellows may have the opportunity to rotate between major areas of ITS; Users Services, Infrastructure, InfoSec and Application Development & Integration Services to broaden experience and meet ITS needs.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with broad liberal arts knowledge and strong customer service experience. In addition to that, one of the following certifications desired:
- CompTIA A+
- Microsoft: MCSA
- Apple: ACMT
- HDI Helpdesk Institute – HDA certification or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills
Applicants applying for this Technology Fellowship at Middlebury College will have the following expertise
- Working knowledge of Windows, Apple, and mobile device hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Working knowledge of the Internet and electronic communications software required.
- Ability to work effectively with all members of a diverse college community.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to people from different academic and administrative disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience and knowledge.
- Also, an ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment, responding to rapidly changing demands.
- Must handle pressure gracefully.