Applications are now open for the Bright Futures Scholarship, USA (up to $10.000). The Bright Futures Scholarship Fund was established in 2010 by SVCF to provide additional scholarship opportunities to the many worthy applicants that seek funding each year in Silicon Valley college. The selection committee looks for students showing academic promise and whose educational opportunities will be increased by financial assistance. In addition, the selection committee will take into consideration the overall quality of the personal statement. Special consideration will be to those students who attend or will attend college within the nine-county Bay Area region. Further, By invitation, for eligible students who applied to a Silicon Valley Community Foundation Managed Scholarship, also can demonstrate academic excellence also unmet need.
- The amount of the scholarships will be up to $10.000 also it will be sent to your college financial aid office after you submit verification of admission.
- Can demonstrate unmet need after all other forms of college financial aid are secure.
- Currently enrolled at any of the following:
- Two-year, four-year, or graduate educational institution as a part-time or full-time student.
- Career/technical, vocational, or certificate program as a part-time or full-time student.
- Demonstrated academic promise with a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Demonstrated unmet need of more than $1,000 for the current academic school year.
- Academic excellence.
- The overall quality of the personal statement.
- Special consideration will be to applicants who attend high school and/or will attend college within the nine-county Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, also Sonoma) region.
- One personal statement
- Further, Most recent Financial Aid Award Letter
- Official or electronic transcripts, if not on file
- New applicants will create a new account with your current email address. Also, you’ll need to complete or update your profile, which will allow our system to identify scholarships for which you may be eligible.
- When entering a phone number, international applicants should include their 3-digit country code.