The German Chancellor Fellowship for Tomorrow’s Leaders
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is searching for the leaders of tomorrow – from Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA. The German Chancellor Fellowship offers you an opportunity to take the next career step in Germany – irrespective of your field of work.
In order to apply, develop your own project idea and find the host of your choice to mentor you. Once your host has confirmed, you can apply for a fellowship.
The German Chancellor Fellowship for Tomorrow’s Leaders offers you the following things
- A monthly fellowship of €2,170, €2,470 or €2,770, depending on your qualifications.
- Individual mentoring during your stay in Germany.
- Additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course.
- A study tour of Germany and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career.
The German Chancellor Fellowship for Tomorrow’s Leaders is open to candidates who
- Are a university graduate with an international bias from Brazil, China, India, Russia or the USA and have already acquired initial leadership experience.
- Have completed your first degree less than 12 years ago.
- Would like to spend a year working on a project you have developed yourself with a host of your choice in Germany.
- Can demonstrate that your project will be of social significance and that you have the potential to build future bridges between Germany and your own country.
- Work in a sector such as politics, economics, the media, administration, and culture.
Applicants are selected according to the following criteria:
- Previous career and leadership potential.
- Significance of fellowship for further career development.
- Potential to build bridges between the home country and Germany.
- International outlook and future role as an international leader.
- Existing knowledge to help complete the project successfully.
- The relevance of the project for the dialogue of modern societies.
Read Programme Information (PDF) and FAQ for more information.