Applications call for the Ian Parry Scholarship 2020 for Photographers. Each year in the honor of Ian Perry, hold an international photographic competition for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24.
The Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories; The Sunday Times Award for Achievement and The Canon Award for Potential. The entry criteria for both are the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries. Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
- Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project.
- Canon Europe continues to support the Scholarship and loan equipment to the winners.
- Attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London.
- Mentorship Programme, the scholarship offers a year-long personal Mentorship to the winner of The Canon
- Award for Potential. The 2020 mentor is highly respected photojournalist Jon Jones.
- Both winners will have the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- World Press Photo, automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
To enter this year’s Ian Parry Scholarship, candidates will need to be 24 or younger or enrolled on a full-time recognised photographic course. Moreover, the application should contain the following information:
- Candidate’s name, date of birth, permanent address, personal email address, personal telephone number, and if applicable, college, course title and course tutor.
- A project description giving us details of the portfolio you have uploaded for this application and 12 extended captions
- A project proposal telling how winning the Ian Parry Scholarship and $3500, would enable to continue with the above project or how it would enable the candidate to start a new photographic project.
- A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) photographs, either a photo essay or individual photos.
- Extended captions for each image as a word document. Please follow the instructions on our submit form carefully.