Applications call for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Program 2020
The Kader Asmal Fellowship Program is a South African strand of a broader Ireland Fellows Programme managed by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs. The Ireland Fellows Programme enables early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries, with leadership potential, to benefit from a prestigious, world-class, quality education contributing to capacity building. It offers selected students the opportunity to undertake a fully-funded one-year master’s level program at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland.
In 2021, fellowships will be offered for postgraduate study in:
- Agriculture, Environmental Science, Conservation, Rural Development
- Food Science, Food Engineering and related
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Health, Medicine and Health Economics
- Development Studies, Peace Studies, Conflict Resolution, and Humanitarian Action
- Social Policy, Social Research, Community Development, and Sociology
- Women’s Studies, Gender Studies, Equality Studies
- Law, Human Rights and related
- International Relations, Politics, Government, Ethics
- Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
- Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, and Business
- Information Systems and Communications Technology
Funding and Benefits
The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- University application fees.
- Tuition fees.
- Examination and other fees.
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;.
- Settling in allowance, book allowance, and study allowance.
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expenses for you only.
- The costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application.
In order to be eligible for this fellowship, applicants must:
- Be a resident national of South Africa.
- Have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering).
- Hold an honors’ level academic qualification with a minimum grade point average of 75% (First class honor, or second class honor, Grade
- Be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate program in one of the above-listed subject areas
- Possess an ability to take up the fellowship in the academic year 2021/2022
- Not have applied for Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion.
Please read the guidelines carefully before applying. Please note applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible.