The University of Oxford Reuters Institute calls application for Journalist Fellowship Programme. The Journalist Fellowship Programme at the Reuters Institute is one of the world’s leading schemes for practising, mid-career journalists to take some time out from their day jobs to explore journalism in-depth. The majority of our Journalist Fellows are fully-funded and they also receive a stipend to cover living and travel costs.
Reuters Institute accepts around 30 Journalist Fellows from around the world each year, each of whom brings fascinating insights and a wealth of experience to the institute. Fellows will be
- Embedded in a cutting-edge institution that is shaping key media debates. The Reuters Institute produces factsheets and reports on the main challenges of the industry.
- Part of an institution with a global outlook. Our Journalist Fellows come from all over the world. They share ideas and experiences of working in different countries and different mediums.
- Part of one of the world’s greatest universities. Oxford offers unrivalled study facilities, leading research centres, extensive learning support and a global reputation.
- Just one hour from London by train, providing convenient access to some of the world’s leading news publishers like The Guardian, the Financial Times and the BBC.
- The University of Oxford Reuters Institute Journalist Fellowship Programme is open to journalists from all over the world including Europe, Africa, the Asia-Pacific region, North America, and Latin America.
- Must have a minimum of five years of journlists experience or in rare cases demonstrate the equivalent level of expertise.
- Be able to understand and join discussions in English.
- A one-page personal statement about why you want to join this programme, and how you will apply your research project when you return to work.
- A project proposal that would benefit the news industry in your country or company. The proposal should be between 800-1200 words, and should outline the questions you hope to answer and how you propose to answer them during your time with us.
- Two professional references.
- A CV/resume that includes your current job title and company (with links to their site), career history, and education history.