Applications are open for Yidan Prize 2021. The Yidan Prize is an inclusive education award that recognizes individuals, or up to three-member teams, who have contributed significantly to education research and development. The prize aims to progress learning by building a global community committed to advancing ideas in education.
Should the laureates be a group, each team member receives a certificate and a gold medal, while the cash prize and project fund is shared equally among the team members.
The Yidan Prize is awarded in two categories:
- Yidan Prize for Education Research: Awarded for significant contribution to the science of education.
- Yidan Prize for Education Development: Awarded for instituting positive change in education and learning.
Each prize comprises a gold medal and a total sum of HK$30 million (around US$3.9 million).
Half is a cash prize of HK$15 million. The other HK$15 million is a project fund to help them expand their initiatives.
- Basically, the prize welcomes nominators from various sectors and any geographical region. Nominators may be members of government bodies, non-governmental organizations, professional associations, and thought leaders in education and/or beyond.
- To make a credible nomination, the nominator should have a thorough understanding of the nominee(s)’ work. The nominator must also submit at least two recommendation letters from supporters.
- The nomination system is built on our belief in celebrating one another’s work and achievements in the field of education. However, self-nomination is also accepted if the candidate can obtain recommendation letters from at least three supporters.
- Furthermore, directors, judging committee members and advisory committee members of the Yidan Prize are not eligible to make nominations, provide recommendation letters or be nominated. In addition, nominators and supporters should not be family members of the nominee(s).