Applications call for the Young African Phosphorus Fellowship Award Program 2020. The Young African Phosphorus Fellowship Award Program is co-sponsored by the African Plant Nutrition Institute.
The Young African Phosphorus Fellowship will confer awards of $5,000 (U.S. Dollars) to five early-career scientists working in either a National Agricultural Research and Extension System (NARES) institution or African university.
- Scientists working at an African NARES institution or university who are age 40 or younger at the time of application are eligible for the Fellowship.
- Applicants must submit a creative proposal that addresses current knowledge gaps or synthesizes existing information leading to improved P management. Include a description of how the award will be used (such as to support research activities and/or support travel) to achieve the proposed objectives.
- Evidence of any scientific partnerships and institutional collaboration will be reviewed favorably. Female scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- A description of how the Fellowship will lead to improved understanding of P management in agricultural systems. This should outline any new research, data synthesis, or travel that will be supported with the Fellowship funds. Include sufficient detail that will permit the evaluation of its originality, innovative approach, and relevance.
- An electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which must be from the applicant’s supervisor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A resume that includes the date of birth, academic degrees, and any relevant publications dealing with P behavior in soil, water, or plants.
- A short report will be required at the end of the award period that describes how the funds were used to support the outcomes of the proposal.
- Candidates will be required to upload documents during the on-line application process. It is recommended that electronic (pdf) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.
Download Flyer English (pdf)
Download Flyer French (pdf)
Learn more about Awards and Fellowships offered by APNI