Applications have opened for the Travel Writing Scholarships 2020. Interested candidates can apply for the program until 11th March 2020. If you want to learn how to become a travel writer in a tropical paradise, apply for the World Nomads Travel Writing Scholarship and win a travel writing adventure to the Caribbean, in addition, to being mentored by the professional travel writer Tim Neville.
- The successful candidates receive round-trip airfare from your closest international airport to the Caribbean.
- Additionally, they attend a 4-day workshop with Tim Neville at a Selina hostel coworking space.
- Then, go on a 10-day all-expenses-paid trip in the Caribbean with Bamba.
- Aso, be outfitted with sustainable travel clothes and gear from Toad&Co.
- Likewise, get feedback on your writing from Nat Geo Traveler editor at large, Norie Quintos.
- Furthermore, as always, travel insurance for the trip provided by World Nomads.
The candidates should meet the following requirements for the Travel Writing Scholarships 2020
- The scholarship is open to nationals all over the world.
- Additionally, the scholarship is not open to professional writers.
- Likewise, the candidates must show in their writing that they have the spirit of adventure and passion for travel writing.
- Furthermore, in order to be selected, they should submit their best 700-word travel story.
The panel of judges will select the essay on the following basis
- Great descriptive ability (without getting flowery)
- Additionally, a well-structured narrative and a strong eye for detail
- Also, Ability to uncover a great travel story and tell it in a compelling way
- Furthermore, Excellent spelling and grammar and a knack for avoiding clichés.
- Fill in the application form with all the personal details. The link for the application is here.
Visit the official website for further details about the program.
Also, visit oyaop.com and oyschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.