Applications are open for TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021. BIOTEC is seeking 1-2 positions for postdoctoral researchers in the areas of biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, molecular genetics, biosensors biotechnology and bioinformatics.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in biotechnology.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- Hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology or related disciplines.
- Meet the requirements of the postdoctoral postions available at BIOTEC and its research units. For full details of the positions please click HERE.
apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a fields of the natural sciences specified above.
- Must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application. NB. For instance, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he should make sure not to submit the application later than 15 June.
- Be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
- Evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- Evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.