Apply for the University of Auckland Asian Development Bank Japan Scholarship Program. Established in April 1988, the Asian Development Bank Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP) was founded with financing from the Japanese government. The scholarship aims to give a special opportunity to qualified eligible applicants from ADB developing member countries.
Scholarships are offered for postgraduate studies in several fields including economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. The University of Auckland is proud to be part of the ADB – JSP scholarship program, hosting several students at some of its faculties in New Zealand
Scholarships are offered for the whole duration of the degree program. upon completion of your studies, you will be expected to contribute to the economic and social development of your community and countries.
Benefits of University Of Auckland Asian Development Bank Japan Scholarship
If you apply and get selected for the ADB – JSP scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- The program will cover the tuition fees for your selected program at the University of Auckland.
- Your Airfare from your home country to Auckland, New Zealand will be covered by the program.
- You will receive a monthly stipend to cover your basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Scholarship recipients will also receive coverage for health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Upon conclusion of your studies, you will receive airfare from Auckland, New Zealand back to your home country.
In order to apply for this scholarship program, you must meet the following eligibility criteria
- You must be a national of an ADB borrowing member f you are to be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for one of the eligible degree programs and receive admission at the University of Auckland in New Zealand.
- You must possess a bachelors degree or it’s equivalent and intend to undertake a postgraduate degree program
- Candidates must have accumulated at least two years of full-time professional work experience since their last Bachelor’s degree graduation.
- Demonstrate sufficient oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- The age limit of applicants is 35 years old. However, in exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- If awarded the scholarship, you must agree to return to your home country after completing the program.
Applicants must first apply and receive admission for one of the eligible programs at the University of Auckland in New Zealand. Upon recipient pf your acceptance letter, you must then apply and submit the following documentation prior to the closing date:
- A fully completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Applicants must correctly and fully the ADB-JSP Application Form (To be downloaded from the website)
- Submit your relevant academic documentation including both academic transcripts and degree certificates
- As proof of your work experience, you must include a certificate of Employment for the duration of employment issued by the company
- You must also submit a certificate of Income issued by the company you are working at.
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parents or spouses annual/monthly income.
- The applicant’s copy of your Passport
- As proof of your English language proficiency, submit an IELTS test result sheet
The file containing the above documents must be sent to the Applications and Admissions office at the University of Auckland.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!