Applications are now open for the University of New England Scholarships 2020. The University of New England (UNE) is a public university in Australia with approximately 21,000 higher education students. Its original and main campus is located in the city of Armidale in northern central New South Wales. Further, The University of New England has established residential scholarships to encourage qualified and motivated students who may not otherwise have considered college living because of financial constraints, to reside in a UNE residential college and be involved in the college community.
- The scholarship discount will apply to the recipient’s residential fee account on a fortnightly basis, thereby reducing the recipient’s fortnightly payments (room component only for the catered Colleges) by 50%. Up to a maximum value of $5,000.
- Applicant must be Australian citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- Open to ALL new commencing students
- Open to continuing UNE students in any year of a degree/course who have not previously resided in a UNE college/residence
- Further, open to current recipients of a UNE Residential Financial Assistance scholarship seeking an extension of their scholarship.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate financial need.
- The applicant is living or intending to live in a UNE Residential College
- The Scholar maybe require to attend the annual scholarships donor event. Further, if they get an invitation to do so, and may be asked to participate in activities to promote this scholarship and other scholarships in general, including public speaking, donor liaison, media interviews, and photographs.
Some scholarships may affect other government payments. Further, It is the recipient’s responsibility to seek advice from the relevant government agency.
- From time to time minor changes made be requirment to the administrative conditions of this scholarship. If this occurs recipients will get an advance notice in writing. Donors will also be consult where appropriate.