Applications are now open for the University of Twente Scholarships 2020 in the Netherlands. Same as like any other year, the University of Twente offers a number of funded scholarships for international students for 2020 as well. University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate program (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Level/Field(s) of study
Qualifying Master’s Programmes offered at the University:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental and Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Internet Science & Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology, and Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship value ranges from € 3,000 – € 25,000 for one year. In the case of a two-year study program, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year when they meet the process requirements for the UTS.
To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Application for a UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been(provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programs starting in the academic year 2020/2021 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- Candidate must have a student number and also should have not graduated from a UT graduate program.
- The applicant must comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable).
- Similarly, s/he should comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan.
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class.
How to apply for the University of Twente Scholarships 2020?
Applications open 15 October 2019 for Round 1 and 1 February 2020 for Round 2.
In order to apply for this scholarship, you already need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master programs. Applications are done online. The deadline for Round 1 applications is 1 February 2020 while the deadline for Round 2 applications is 1 May 2020.