Applications have opened for the US Fulbright Scholar Program. Interested candidates can apply for the Program until 15th September 2020.
- The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program offers nearly 470 teachings, research or combination teaching/research awards in over 125 countries.
- Opportunities are available for college and university faculty and administrators as well as for professionals, artists, journalists, scientists, lawyers, independent scholars, and many others.
- In addition to several new program models designed to meet the changing needs of U.S. academics and professionals, Fulbright is offering more opportunities for flexible, multi-country grants.
The candidates should meet the given criteria for the US Fulbright Scholar Program
- Opportunities are open to people regardless of their race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, geographic location, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- U.S. citizenship – permanent residence is not sufficient. They should visit the Visiting Fulbright Scholar Program if not a citizen of the United States and would like to apply for a grant.
- Additionally, recipients of a Fulbright Scholar grant are eligible to apply for another Fulbright Scholar grant two years after the date of completion of the previous grant.
- Similarly, candidates who have resided abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the date of application are ineligible. In this case, a period of nine months or more during a calendar year is considered to constitute a full year abroad.
- Also, recent college graduates with limited professional experience are ineligible for consideration under the Fulbright Scholar Program.
- Also, Graduate or doctoral students seeking funding to complete their degrees are ineligible for consideration under the Fulbright Scholar Program. Instead, such applicants can visit the Fulbright Student Program.
- Furthermore, candidates should have sound physical and mental health. The candidates should submit a Medical History and Examination Report before their grants finalized.
- Moreover, grants shall not authorize engagement in pastoral, missionary, or other professional religious activities.
- Grant benefits vary by country and type of award.
- Generally, Fulbright grants cover travel and living costs in-country for the grantee and their accompanying dependents.
- Also, Check the award description in the catalog of awards and/or consult program staff responsible for the particular award.
- Additionally, the official website has more details.
About the Program
- The Fulbright Program, including the Fulbright–Hays Program, is one of several United States Cultural Exchange Programs
- Its goal is to improve intercultural relations, cultural diplomacy, and intercultural competence between the people of the United States and other countries through the exchange of persons, knowledge, and skills.
- Additionally, via the program, competitively-selected American citizens including students, scholars, teachers, professionals, etc receive scholarships to study, abroad. The citizens of other countries may qualify to do the same in the USA
Visit the official website for further details.
Also, visit oyaop.com ad oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.