Applications call for Yale Young Global Scholars Program 2021. Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is one of the most globally diverse, two-week academic summer programs in the world. This program serves 2,400 students from over 130 countries and all 50 U.S. states, and we distribute over $3 Million USD in need-based financial aid to domestic and international students.
- Innovations in Science & Technology (IST)
- Literature, Philosophy & Culture (LPC)
- Politics, Law, & Economics (PLE)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC)
Candidates must be
- At least 16 years old by July 19, 2021 (first day of Session III).
- Able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- A current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduating in May/June 2022 or 2023 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2021 or 2022 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- A first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in any YYGS session during a previous summer (e.g., 2020, 2019), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2021.
- If you previously applied to YYGS but were not offered admission or were unable to attend AND you meet the eligibility criteria noted above, then you are encouraged to re-apply for YYGS 2021.
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and one 200-word response
- Two “fast take” responses (280 characters each)
- Official school transcript
- Two Recommenders (who will complete YYGS Recommendation Forms ONLY)
- Application fee ($60 for Early Action, $75 for Regular Decision)
- You must click the Finalize & Pay button on the “Review” page for your application to be considered.
- OPTIONAL: English fluency test scores (TOEFL or DuoLingo)
- OPTIONAL: Need-based financial aid
Yale University is a private Ivy League research university in New Haven, Connecticut. Yale is organized into fourteen constituent schools: the original undergraduate college, the Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and twelve professional schools.
How to Apply