Applications for the ZUKOnnect Fellowships 2022 are open. The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia, and Latin America who are associated with one of the thirteen departments at the University of Konstanz.
As a ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz while keeping your position at home. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
- Firstly, You will live in Konstanz or nearby throughout the on-site ZUKOnnect Fellowship (the Welcome Centre at the University of Konstanz will support you with all organizational aspects of relocating to Konstanz).
- Secondly, You will actively contribute to the interdisciplinary dialogue at the Zukunftskolleg during weekly Jour fixe meetings (in the semester).
- Thirdly, You will interact with fellows and researchers in relevant departments at the University of Konstanz.
- You will give a presentation in a seminar or a public lecture.
- Additionally, You will acknowledge Zukunftskolleg’s support in any publications resulting from the stay.
- Lastly, You will write a short report on your activities and achievements (within 6 months of completing your ZUKOnnect Fellowship).
Benefits from ZUKOnnect Fellowships
- During the on-campus research stay, a stipend of €1,200/month for doctoral students and €2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines).
- Moreover, Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to library resources.
- Additionally, Access to IT services.
- Access to research support services (via Research Support).
- Lastly, ZUKOnnect Fellows will benefit from a digital affiliation extending the total period to 12 months. The digital affiliation will be supported with up to €900 (lump sum).
Eligibility Required for ZUKOnnect Fellowships
- You were born and worked in a country in Latin America, Asia, or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 years, doctoral degree granted after 15 February 2020) OR are a doctoral student in your final year.
- Your doctorate was/is going to be completed at a university in Latin America, Asia, or Africa.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a habilitation or equivalent qualification (Venia legendi).
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance).
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of our current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and an explanation of how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university – maximum 2 pages)
- Short summary of your current research project and outlook on your project at the Zukunftskolleg (together maximum 3 pages including references)
- A detailed work and time plan for your on-campus research stay
- Your curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR a letter from your doctoral supervisor confirming the status of your doctoral thesis)
- One academic letter of reference, on official letterhead paper and signed by the respective reviewer
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.