Applications are open for the Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships 2022. In 2020, the University of Konstanz won the Henriette Herz Award launched by the Alexander-von-Humboldt-Stiftung to promote the active recruitment of excellent international early career researchers and support their integration into the German and global academic community.
With the award, the Zukunftskolleg will offer Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships. The (post-)doctoral stipends for up to 4 months aim to attract excellent early career researchers from Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The on-site stipends are complemented by a digital fellowship extending it to a 12-month Herz Fellowship. Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships will be awarded based on gender and diversity-sensitive nomination.
Benefits from Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships
- Firstly, During the on-campus research stay, a stipend of €1,200/month for doctoral students and €2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers.
- Moreover, Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Additionally, Access to Career Kit Plus offers (via Academic Staff Development, Research Support, International Office, Equal Opportunities Office).
- Access to library resources and IT services
- Lastly, Herz Fellows will benefit from a digital affiliation extending the total period to 12 months.
Eligibility Required for Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships
- Herz Fellows were born and work in a country in Latin America, Asia, or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max 2 years, doctoral degree granted after 15 February 2020) OR are a doctoral student in your final year.
- Additionally, Herz Fellows do not hold a permanent professorship, nor have a habilitation or equivalent qualification.
- Moreover, Their research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- Lastly, their academic education was to be completed at a university in Latin America, Asia, or Africa (preferable).
As prospective local hosts of the nominated candidates, submit the application documents as separate PDF files in English to [email protected]
- Firstly, Proposals should include:
- A short nomination letter by the localhost (max. 1 page)
- And the application documents provided by the nominee and submitted by the localhost (single PDF file):
- A short motivation letter by the nominated candidate (max. 1 page)
- 200 word abstract on the joint research project
- Short summary of the candidate’s current research project and outlook on the joint research project (together max.3 pages incl. bibliography)
- A detailed work and time plan for the on-campus research stay (3 months – with justification for up to 4 months, start date between September 1, 2022, and October 15, 2022)
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
- Additionally, Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR letter from their supervisor on the status of the thesis)
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.