Applications for Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships are open for Scholars from Africa, Asia and Latin America. The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia, and Latin America who have association with one of the thirteen departments at the University of Konstanz.
As a ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz while keeping your roots and position at home. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships has the following benefits
- During the on-campus research stay, a stipend of € 1,200/month for doctoral students and € 2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers
- Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg
- Access to library resources as well as access to IT services
- Access to research support services (via Research Support)
- After the on-campus research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows will benefit from a digital fellowship extending the total funding period to 12 months. The digital fellowship will be remunerated with € 100/month
The candidates on the Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships will
- Live in Konstanz or nearby throughout the on-site ZUKOnnect Fellowship (the Welcome Centre at the University of Konstanz will support you with all organizational aspects of relocating to Konstanz).
- Similarly, actively contribute to the interdisciplinary dialogue at the Zukunftskolleg during weekly Jour fixe meetings (in the semester).
- Interact with fellows and researchers in relevant departments at the University of Konstanz.
Give a presentation in a seminar or a public lecture.
- Acknowledge the Zukunftskolleg’s support in any publications resulting from the stay.
- Furthermore, write a short report on your activities and achievements (within 6 months of completing your ZUKOnnect Fellowship).
- Born AND work in a country in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- A doctorate (max. 2 years of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year.
- Academic education must have been completed at a university in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- Do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a habilitation or equivalent qualification (Venia legendi).
- A research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- Candidates should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance).
- Furthermore, preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of our current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Please submit your application documents in English as PDF files via online application portal. The reference number is 2020/232. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and an explanation of how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university) (maximum 2 pages)
- Short description or summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages incl. bibliography)
- A detailed work and time plan for your on-campus research stay
- Your curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR a letter from your doctoral supervisor confirming the status of your doctoral thesis)
- One academic letter of reference, on official letterhead paper and signed by the respective reviewer